The Yorkshire Terrier is a breed of dog that has gained great popularity in the modern world. This is not surprising, because, in addition to its charming appearance and miniature size, such a dog is distinguished by a peculiar bold disposition. Of course, the Yorkshire Terrier can become a friend for a person of any age, including for children. In the event that you have such a pet, you need to consider the main recommendations regarding the selection of nicknames. We are talking about the name of the pet, which should be not only attractive, but also the most suitable to the liking of the dog.
For all pet owners, choosing a pet name is a responsible task. Such a name should be not only practical, but also suitable for the animal in accordance with the features of its behavior, as well as the breed. That is why pet owners are not limited in fantasy, referring to simpler nicknames, as well as to the names of literary characters, actors, and also favorite characters of films. In ancient times, the selection of a nickname for a pet was associated with some prohibitions.
Lovers of dogs and cats - a great many. Indeed, animals are loyal and faithful friends of man. But what should be considered when caring for your favorite pet?
The appearance of the ferret immediately strikes and on the spot any animal lover, in particular, a lover of furry rodents. The body of this animal is chubby, but at the same time incredibly flexible. The most talented gymnast will envy his plasticity. On the muzzle with an eternally cunning expression, eyes shine like two beads. The graceful legs, it seems, never stand still, and the beautiful "coat" of ferrets attracts them. Indeed, to the touch, the hair of these animals is very pleasant.
The fact that the ferret is very tricky is no doubt. This is confirmed by those who know firsthand the nimble rodents. Fluffy animals are extremely fond of stealing, such an instinct in their blood. Even from the name it’s clear that the ferret is a little thief. After all, his second name is “furo”, which is translated from Latin as “little thief”. From Greek, the translation is voiced as “cunning”.
Such names perfectly reflect the true nature of the animal. It is safe to say that this creature is a real kleptomaniac. If the ferret liked something, he will surely steal the item and hide it in one of his secret vaults. Based on this, a serious nickname is unlikely to suit such a frivolous creation. After all, they mainly call pets, starting from their behavior and their character, although this does not always happen.
Inventing a nickname, stick to the rules
Before you come up with what you can call a domestic ferret, decide who you want to buy - a “boy” or a “girl”. Then, in search of the perfect name, adhere to the following rules:
- Decide whether a cool or serious nickname is preferable,
- It should not be called by the name that they decided to “annoy” someone or make someone laugh. After all, then it’s up to you to pronounce daily a nickname that you don’t like at all,
- You can not call a name belonging to someone from home. For the reason that the pet will confuse, who is called, his or one of the household. It will make him nervous
- It is not recommended to opt for the nickname of the deceased pet, it can throw a negative aura on the new pet, which will lead to a new misfortune. Maybe everything is not so scary, but why take the risk?
- If a ferret comes to you already with a name, do not change it. The animal is not so easy to get used to the new situation, and here they also call the name of a stranger. It is nevertheless necessary to spare the nervous system of the small animal.
Based on the above tips and rules, pick up some of the most suitable options and alternately call these nicknames a ferret. The animal will definitely respond positively to one name from your list. That’s what it’s worth calling a furry pet.
Most often, pets are called foreign, sonorous names. Many owners name pets after their favorite book, movie, or cartoon characters. But the main thing, nevertheless, is to choose a nickname that fully corresponds to the character, habits, appearance of such a nimble, nimble animal, like a domestic ferret.
Choosing a name for a ferret - a boy
If you decide to have a ferret - a boy, but have not yet decided what nickname to give him, you will find a list of names to help, among which you can find a decent option:
- Cupid is a kind, agile and large ferret that is strongly attached to the owner,
- Bruno - this name can be called a ferret - an individual farmer, distinguished by an inquisitive character, playfulness,
- Harold is a brave animal with a complex character, likes to dominate,
- Jared is a very calm and pretty big ferret,
- Bug - bold, smart (easily trained), furry pet,
- Quint - obedient, kind, does not tolerate strict, rude treatment,
- Clark - is distinguished by affection for the owner, likes to meet at the door, small, but serious and strict,
- Micah - this name can be called a ferret rather affectionate, gentle, loving to "swim" in the attention of the owner, in a word, fluffy paw,
- Nou - the nickname fits the animal - phlegmatic. He is calm, devoted, able to convey his peace of mind to the master,
- Oscar is a name, as they say, from God! The animal with such a nickname is proud, strong and smart, but it has a complex character. At the same time, for no apparent reason, does not offend anyone, treats children well,
- The cannon is a little fluffy, kind, playful, obedient. Easy to remember owner’s commands
- Ginger - it’s clear that the nickname suits the red ferrets, calm, with a good disposition, playful,
- Timothy - impulsive, strong, instantly positively reacts to any offer to play. But for all his stamina, he’s not different in leadership abilities,
- Wilbur - the name is suitable for large trochees who love water and are not afraid to splash in it on occasion,
- Hart - brave, hardy, non-cowardly, sometimes even malicious, but at the same time easily amenable to training,
- Yuki - naturally, this nickname is ideal for white pussies, calm and affectionate.
Choosing a name for a ferret - girls
If you are lucky enough to become the owner of a ferret - a girl, and you are at a crossroads with the choice of a name for a cute furry creature, see the list of suitable nicknames below:
- Alva is the name for the troubled female ferret. She loves everything to be as she wants. Playful, but in the excitement of entertainment, she can bite the owner a little, despite this, kind and cheerful,
- Ariana - this name is often given to individuals who occupy far from the last places at exhibitions. Not afraid to travel in transport, calm, smart. Easy to remember commands
- Bonita - such a girl is difficult to train, she is impulsive, instantly reacts to her surroundings, you can’t walk without a leash, she’ll run away to look for adventure,
- Squirrel is a small, fluffy, funny, active little animal. Kind, undemanding, freedom-loving. Being alone with himself, he will not miss his master, he will immediately find what to do,
- Vesta is touchy, cannot stand rigor and rudeness, suffers from such treatment. She likes to come up with the game itself, looks very beautiful,
- Gloria - does not like outsiders, she considers the house to be her territory, where she does not want to let strangers. Calm and kind, while no one encroaches on her possessions,
- Dina - this name is often called caring ferrets - moms who, like hens, look after their babies. This is an affectionate, kind little animal that likes to pay attention to those who are pretty to her,
- Blot - tries to always be closer to the owner or to other household members. He does not like walks; at home he feels comfortable and safe. Kind, very affectionate,
- Litsiya - the name fits a balanced ferret, who often wins exhibitions. Easy to train
- Nera - you can walk such a chick without a leash, she does not run away and keeps close to the owner. Playful, affectionate, but does not like strangers, can bite for unwanted familiarity. He loves traveling, always achieves his goal by cunning and intelligence,
- Tina - even friendly to strangers, calmly takes caresses from strangers. Females with this name acutely feel both joy and sorrow of their masters. They have such kind eyes, sometimes it seems that this cute little animal is about to cry or laugh with you,
- Flora - this name can be called a beautiful, confident female ferret. She always tries to stay balanced, but does not have good feelings for children.
How to train a ferret to a nickname?
Having chosen a suitable name for your ferret, do not rush to calm down after solving this problem. Now you have to accustom the pet to his nickname. It is not difficult to do this, if you listen to practical advice:
- It is not necessary from the first days to call the animal different diminutive options on the main name. A small predator will perceive each pet name as a new one. Only the main nickname without abbreviations and additions should fly off your lips, until the ferret gets used to it completely,
- If you started calling a pet by one name, do not change it every 5-10 days. Be constant if you want constancy from your furry pet,
- At each feeding, clearly pronounce the nickname of the ferret several times, turning to him and presenting food. Very soon, he will begin to respond to his name at any time,
- When the animal begins to respond to your call, each time encourage it with your favorite treat. As you get used to it, the “candy” for the ferret can be replaced with a simple stroking,
- During accustoming to a nickname, exclude screams, abuse and punishment for the fact that the pet does not respond. Provide your pet only positive emotions and a relaxed atmosphere.
If you treat the animal correctly, it will quickly figure out its name, but don’t expect the ferret to fly to you at the first call, like a dog, even though it already knows its name. A ferret is, nevertheless, a predator, albeit domesticated. He loves freedom, unquestioning obedience to these wayward pussies is unusual.
In conclusion, I would like to say that it’s completely irrelevant according to what principles you chose the nickname for the ferret: by nature, appearance or digital compatibility. The main thing is that you and your pet like this name!
Cute and friendly ferrets immediately become favorites of both adults and children. The solution to the question of what to call a “new family member” must be approached responsibly. Coming up with names for ferrets, it is better not to take the first one, but be guided by certain rules. It is believed that the nicknames of animals affect the character and even the fate of the owner.
Name Selection Rules
Choosing names for pets is a serious matter. You can’t choose nicknames for ferrets thoughtlessly, calling animals the first nicknames that come to mind. Those who find it difficult to choose a nickname can be guided by the time of birth, characteristics of the character or appearance of the pet:
- The simplest thing is to name a cute animal in accordance with the season of birth. This criterion is considered one of the most important, because in this case, the chosen name will almost certainly affect the nature and behavior of the grown-up pet. According to astrologers, babies born, for example, in February, with almost one hundred percent guarantee, will acquire the features of people who were born under the zodiac sign of Aquarius.
- A peculiar visiting card of a ferret is the choice of a nickname according to character traits and manner of behavior. This option is relevant if the baby is not called immediately after birth. For example, when a ferret demonstrates liveliness and friendliness, you can give the animal some funny name - Shustrik, Buddy, Lightning.
- The selection of a nickname for external signs also has its own significance. This is a characteristic, a kind of identification of a ferret, emphasizing the uniqueness of a pet. After all, a sign is distinguished by which the baby is different from brothers.
What can you call a ferret
Often, all family members take part in choosing a name for a ferret. It is easy to name a pet if the owner has a good imagination. But it happens that nothing suitable comes to mind. In this case, ready-made lists with names will help.
Common nicknames for ferrets:
- by the color of the coat - Snowball (Snowball), Blonde (s), Chernysh (Chernushka), Corner,
- by season of birth - Noyabrina, January, Autumn, Raspberries, Sunny, Yulka (Julius),
- by character traits - Lapulya, Tikhonya, Prankster, Igrun (Igrula) Naughty, Rogue, Prankster (s),
- beautiful names - Aphrodite, Alice, Juliana, Arman, Bristol, Diesel, Franz, Sabina, Ruben, Rose (s), Elsa, Shakira, Farid (s),
- in honor of the heroes of fairy tales, cartoons, advertisements - Casper, Snow Maiden, Energizer, Biscuit, Nesquik, Chocolate Girl.
Choosing the nickname of the ferret from the list of ready-made nicknames, you need to pay attention to the appearance and character of the ward, in order to choose the nickname, the most suitable animal.
Nicknames for ferret girls
Owners of ferret girls often have difficulty choosing a nickname for a pet. I would like to choose a beautiful name - sonorous and not too complicated or long. Happy owners of good imagination and rich imagination can easily cope with this task. If nothing comes to mind, you can refer to the list of ready-made nicknames for ferrets.
List of names for females:
- Alma, Ariadne, Baroness, Aphrodite, Verona, Bella,
- Velma, Wessia, Wicca, Velaria, Gerda,
- Vesta, Julia, Dean, Gloria, Kelsey,
- Izza, Lumiya, Essi, Zhania, Cassia,
- Donna, Deborah, Zemfira, Zlata, Jasmine,
- Cameo, Kassandra, Lori, Cassia, Lucia, Lucky,
- Miranda, Missy, Palmyra, Olivia, Mila,
- Safira, Raquel, Terra, Sania, Selma,
- Fuji, Hannah, Tsushima, Udora, Tsar, Fanya,
- Tsivia, Ursa, Yucca, Yara, Juventa.
Nicknames for ferret boys
When deciding what to call a ferret boy, you can take a closer look at the animal’s behavior or pay attention to the peculiarities of its appearance (coat color, markings, etc.). Lists of popular nicknames will be helpful.
Common nicknames for ferret boys:
- Ajax, Cupid, Ares, Boston, Bristol, Bruno, Bocher,
- Baron, Aron, Bailey's, Count, Gourmet, Walter,
- Welldon, Gaspard, Barin, Veron, Thunder, Don, Hercules,
- Grozzy, Grant, Jackson, Dorby,
- Dinar, Cameo, Like, Commander, Moby, Nobel,
- Dinar, Jean, Zenith, Irbis, Konstanz,
- Laurent, Noel, Mike, Hector, Graham, Mars, Pontius,
- Rosan, Quint, Hart, Austin, Clark,
- Raise, Thomas, Franz, Falt, Fox,
- Evan, Funtik, Fluff, Pet, Naughty, Tikhonya,
- Ether, Jason, Andy, Chip, Cent, Hans, Charmant.
What is better not to call
When choosing nicknames for ferrets, it is recommended to pay attention not only to recommendations, but also to contraindications and prohibitions.
- You do not need to name the pet (boy or girl) in the same way as a friend or relative. The owner of the name may not appreciate the humor and be very offended or even angry. In this case, the owner of the animal risks acquiring an enemy.
- The name used by the former ward, who once lived in the family, but died of old age or due to illness, does not suit the young ferret at all. This is considered a bad omen.
- Do not name any member of the family. The ferret will respond and respond to the nickname, regardless of his name or person.
- When acquiring an adult animal, which was already named by the former owners, do not invent a new nickname. The exception is only very young ferrets - babies get used to another name more easily.
- Often every member of the family is tempted to name the pet in their own way, coming up with different variants of the nickname.It is better not to do this, otherwise the ferret will cease to respond at all and run to the call.
To name a pet is a simple task. It is only necessary to observe the rules and approach the issue responsibly and with a soul. And then, with the sounds of the pet's name, positive emotions and high spirits are provided.